Thomson's new ad campaign introduces the future of long haul travel
Thomson today announced plans to launch a new national advertising campaign to communicate the exciting benefits of the new state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft and the impact it will have on its holidays of the future.
THOMSON’S NEW AD CAMPAIGN INTRODUCES THE FUTURE OF LONG HAUL TRAVEL
- National advertising campaign to coincide with Boeing’s Dream Tour and the Dreamliner visit to Thomson Airways, the first UK airline to fly the aircraft
- Thomson’s 787 Dreamliner confirmed to fly to most popular long-haul routes, starting on 1st May 2013 from four regional airports
Thomson today announced plans to launch a new national advertising campaign to communicate the exciting benefits of the new state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft and the impact it will have on its holidays of the future. The campaign is launched as Thomson Airways welcomed the revolutionary Dreamliner to the UK for a flying visit this week, just months before taking delivery of the brand-new aircraft. The ad campaign will launch today in the Manchester Evening News and then will run in seven national newspapers and two ‘free sheets’ over the first weekend, including the Daily Telegraph, The Times and the Daily Mail.
Thomson Airways, the airline for leading holiday companies Thomson and First Choice, will be the first UK airline to take delivery of Boeing’s new state-of-the-art 787 aircraft – the Dreamliner. From 1st May 2013, holidaymakers heading to Cancun, Mexico and Sanford, Florida from Manchester, London Gatwick, East Midlands and Glasgow will have the opportunity to travel on the brand-new aircraft.
Hailed as the greatest advance in air travel for passengers in recent years, the Thomson Dreamliner will revolutionise air travel for Thomson Airways customers by offering more legroom and a significantly enhanced in-flight experience, as well as delivering significantly improved fuel efficiency and environmental impact.
Jeremy Ellis, Director of Marketing at TUI UK & Ireland commented, “We’re very excited at being the first UK airline to offer this amazing new plane. Flying the Thomson Dreamliner is just one of the ways we are modernising the holiday experience here at Thomson and First Choice. The Dreamliner is a critical part of our differentiation strategy and another example of how our holidays are expertly designed to suit each customer. We handpick our hotels to cater for everyone, from families on a budget to couples seeking a luxury break, and for next year the majority of our Thomson properties, including our 5* luxury Sensatori resorts, are only available to Thomson customers.”
Taking advantage of the Boeing Dream Tour’s visit to the UK, the leading holiday airline also unveiled the planned appearance of the aircraft interior, as well as the brand new livery for Thomson Airways.
For press information contact: Hannah Burden (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01582 644626) at the Thomson press office.
Notes to editors:
Visit our TUI News room at Thomson.presscentre.com where the following will be available for download:
A copy of the advert
Images of the aircraft interior
Images of the new livery
About our offering:
· Our Economy Club seat pitch on the Dreamliner will be an industry leading 33” or 34”
· Our Premium Club seat pitch of 38” gives customers even more space to relax
· The 787 will give our customers more room – even at its lowest point, there is more than 6 ft of headroom
· The windows on the 787 are 30% larger than the size of normal aircraft windows – so customers get a great view no matter where they are sitting
· The cabin pressure is 6000ft instead of 8000ft, which means more oxygen will be absorbed into the blood, so customers will leave the aircraft feeling fresher and less jet lagged
· State of the art mood lighting mimics dawn and dusk, meaning customers’ bodies are more in tune with the time of day at their destination
For more information go to http://dreamliner.thomson.co.uk